Grilled rump steak with mushroom sauce
- For the mushroom sauce:
- (3 tbsp.) Flora Regular
- mushrooms, sliced
- (2 tbsp.) brandy
- (1 cup) cream
- (1 tsp) soya sauce
- For the steak:
- Flora Regular, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 rib eye steaks
- Salt and ground pepper
- For the mushroom sauce; heat the Flora Regular in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms. Fry for 5-7 minutes or until the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Deglaze the pan with brandy, add cream. Simmer while stirring for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Add the soy sauce and season with coarsely ground black pepper. Set aside.
- For the steak: Melt the Flora and add the chopped garlic. Heat a griddle pan over medium-high heat. Baste the steaks with Melted Flora Regular. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill for 5 minutes on each side or until done to your liking. Set aside to rest.
- Serve the steaks with mushroom sauce, some fresh rocket leaves and chips.
*Recipe courtesy of www.florastrongheart.co.za.