Phyllo eggs cup with ham and cheese
8 sheet phyllo dough, thawed
half cup (75 ml) butter, melted
1 cup (250 ml) ham, diced
2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
1 cup (250 ml) cheddar cheese, shredded
2 green onions, thinly sliced
a pinch of pepper
1. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface and brush with a bit of the melted butter. Keep the remainder of the dough covered with a damp towel. Top with another sheet of phyllo, brush with a bit more butter. Cut into six squares.
2. Stack three of these squares on top of each other, rotating each square slightly for the points to be slightly offset from each other. Press into each of two greased muffin cups. Repeat with remaining phyllo and butter to make eight cups.
3. In a small bowl, toss ham with mustard. Divide among each cup.
4. Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
5. Crack an egg into each cup, top with remaining cheese and the green onions. Sprinkle with pepper.
6. Bake in preheated 180°C oven until eggs are set and pastry is golden brown, 16 to 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of www.foodnetwork.ca.