Hugs all around on National Hug Day!
Yes, we know. It’s hard to keep up with all the international and national days we have to celebrate. But today is National Hug Day and we could always do with more hugs.
In light of the celebration, Huggies® is sharing in the fun and putting their weight behind “The Big Hug” campaign. This campaign was created by a group of extraordinary kids wanting to lead the charge towards more empathy and healing by connecting the world through a BIG HUG.
With the help of the public, these kids will attempt to set a Guinness World Record on National Hug Day for the largest group hug in St Petersburg, Florida in the US on Sunday, 21 January. Their aim is not only to set the record but to create a movement of hugging around the world.
So, on National Hug Day, take a moment and hug those around you in support of the movement.
Did you know that human contact has many health benefits and can improve both psychological and physical development? It is even believed to be able to help build a good immune system, decrease the risk of heart disease, and decrease levels of stress in women.
Interesting facts About Hugging
– On average people spend an hour a month hugging – that doesn’t sound like much but the average hug is under 10 seconds long.
– A full-body hug stimulates your nervous system while decreasing feelings of loneliness.
– Children who aren’t hugged have delays in walking, talking and reading.
– A quick hug has a near-immediate impact on health – lowering your heart rate and inducing a calming effect while also leading to a more upbeat mood.
– Hugging has just as much benefit for the person doing the hugging as the person being hugged.
– Touch is described as a universal language that can communicate distinct emotions.
– Touch alone can reveal emotions including anger, fear, disgust, love, gratitude and sympathy.