Scrumptious mince and dumpling bake
This delicious recipe, courtesy of The Diet Everyone Talks About, is a must try.
It will have everyone raving about your culinary skills.
– 15ml canola/olive oil
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 800g lean beef mince
– 50ml whole wheat/soy flour
– 30ml water
– 500ml spinach, destalked, chopped and cooked in the microwave for 8 minutes
– 250ml wholewheat self-raising flour
– 30ml canola/olive oil
– 1 egg, well beaten
– 150ml cream
– Salt and mixed pepper spice (to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Fry the onions in oil until translucent then add the meat and stir-fry until brown.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, remembering to stir occasionally.
4. Once cooked, place the mince in a greased baking dish with a lid.
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together and add them to the rest of the ingredients.
2. Spoon the dumplings onto the mince in the baking dish.
3. Cover and bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.