Tuscan inspired mac and cheese
Tuscany might be all the way in Italy but all the ingredients you need for a Tuscan inspired mac and cheese are right there in your kitchen.
– 2 tbsp butter
– 3 tsp minced garlic
– 2 tbsp flour
– 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
– Freshly ground black pepper
– 1 tsp Italian seasoning
– 1/2 cup grated Italian blend cheese
– 1 jar drained and chopped roasted red peppers
– 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves – 1/3 cup diced mushrooms
– 300 macaroni
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until it is cooked but still firm.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat then stir in the garlic until it is fragrant. Sprinkle the flour over the butter and stir until it has thickened.
3. Gradually whisk in the heavy cream until it’s smooth then season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir in the shredded cheese until it’s melted then add the pasta to the skillet and stir thoroughly to combine.
4. Add the roasted peppers, spinach leaves and mushrooms. Stir until the spinach is tender then add salt and pepper, if necessary.
Serve immediately and enjoy.