Lamb knuckle curry
Keep the family warm tonight with this delicious lamb knuckle curry.
– ½ tin whole peeled tomatoes
– 1.2 kg lamb knuckle bones
– 1½ mutton stock cubes
– 2 large finely chopped onions
– 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
– 3 peeled and quartered potatoes
– 5 ml ground coriander
– 5 ml ground cumin
– 5 ml ground cinnamon
– 5 ml ginger powder
– 5 ml black pepper
– 15 ml sugar
– 30 ml sunflower oil
– 50 ml medium curry powder
– Atlantic sea salt
1. In a large pot saute the onions in the oil until they’re soft then add the garlic and ginger powder. Fry for three minutes.
2. Add the curry powder, cinnamon, coriander and cumin to the pot then fry for a further two minutes, making sure to stir continuously. Add the lamb to the pot and brown them well.
3. Pour in the tin of tomatoes and mix together well, then stir in the sugar, salt and pepper.
4. Add the stock cube, 500 ml of water and the potatoes to the pot. Bring to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer until the potatoes start to fall apart and the water has reduced and thickened.
5. Adjust the salt and sugar balance, if necessary.
Serving suggestion: serve the curry with rice or any other starch of your choice.