The perfect breakfast for Father’s day
Spoil Dad this Father’s day with this pan-baked fritter recipe.
– 3 eggs (separated)
– 5ml mustard powder
– 5ml baking powder
– 30ml celery, finely chopped
– 30ml red or green pepper, finely chopped
– 500g minced meat
– Salt, freshly ground black pepper and garlic powder (to taste)
– 1 chopped onion
– 200g chopped mushrooms
– 20ml lemon juice
– 50ml butter
– 60ml water
– 125ml thick cream
– Olive or canola oil
1. Mix all the ingredients, excluding the egg whites, with oil.
2. Whisk the eggs whites until they’re stiff then fold into the previously made mixture.
3. Bake until golden brown on both sides.
Making the mushroom sauce:
Heat the butter and sauté the mushrooms and onion until soft and most of the water has evaporated, then add the remaining ingredients and simmer for two minutes. Stir continuously.
Serve the fritters with mushroom sauce and veggies.