Fancy some brownies to go with your coffee?
Got a sweet tooth or simply craving something sweet? Whip up these berry sauce and crushed Oreos brownies and enjoy!
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 3 eggs
– 6 lightly crushed Oreo biscuits
– 50 g white chocolate shavings
– 90 g flour
– 100 g white sugar
– 100 g brown sugar
– 120 g butter
– 250 g 60% Lindt chocolate
– A pinch of salt
For the berry sauce:
– 1/4 cup water
– 1/2 zested lemon
– 60 g castor sugar
– 200 g mixed frozen berries
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C for 25-30 minutes.
2. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate then remove it from the heat. Stir in the butter and sugar then add the eggs, one at a time. Make sure to beat the mixture together after every addition then stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Mix the flour and salt together then gently fold it into the chocolate mixture then pour into a 20 cm baking tray. Place in the oven and bake until the brownie mixture starts to pull away from the pan.
4. To make the berry sauce: Place the berry sauce ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the berries are soft. Crush the berries with the back of a fork until smooth. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
5. Remove the brownies from the pan and place on a cooling rack then cut into pieces. Top them with the crushed Oreos and white chocolate shavings.
Serve the brownies with the berry sauce…enjoy!