Boerewors and vetkoek lollies with cheese
Vetkoek are yummy, boerewors as well and who doesn’t love some cheese?
So you can just imagine how excited we got when we stumbled upon this boerewors vetkoek lollies with cheese recipe!
– 1 cup milk
– 2 large eggs
– 5 ml baking powder
– 7,5 ml salt
– 15 ml olive oil
– 15 ml sugar
– 250 ml polenta
– 300 g grated mozzarella cheese
– 300 g thin boerewors sausage
– 660 ml cake flour
– Enough oil for deep frying
1. Start off by cutting the boerewors into 12 equal pieces then skewer each sausage onto a kebab stick (like you’re making a corn dog). Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the kebab sticks and fry the wors for two minutes on each side. Dry them with a kitchen towel after cooking.
2. Mix the flour, polenta, sugar, salt and baking powder together then whisk the milk and eggs together (separately). Stir the whisked eggs and milk into the flour mixture and use your hands to form a dough. If the mixture is too sticky, add more flour.
3. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces then flatten each piece of dough on the palm of your hand. Sprinkle some cheese on the piece of dough then fold it onto the wors kebab. Squeeze the dough around the wors then roll it in your hands to smooth it out. Do the same to the remaining wors kebabs.
4. Heat the oil to deep frying over medium heat then fry the lollies until their golden and look crispy.
Tip: Best served while hot and crispy.