Annual health checks you cannot ignore
One thing one should never take for granted is one’s health.
Here are five important health check-ups you should be going for annually:
– An eye test – this is especially important for people with hypertension and diabetes. Not forgetting that it’s a quick and simple way to detect glaucoma.
– Trip to the dentist – don’t put off going to the dentist until there’s a problem. By visiting your dentist every six months you’ll say bye-bye to the plaque your brush can’t remove.
– A chronic disease screening – check your BMI, blood pressure ,cholesterol, blood glucose level and HIV status. Left unattended and undiagnosed these can be “silent killers”
– Breast examination – this isn’t just an annual thing, it should be done every month (after the menses)
– A pap smear and prostate check – considering how rife cancer is, an annual check-up could save your life