Forget Mauritius, hello Mozam!
We asked Liezel for her Top 10 Reasons why Everyone Should Travel to Mozambique:
1. Inhaca Island and Mozambique has some of the best diving in Africa. The water is clean and the ocean life is so beautiful.
2. Mozambique has over 2500km of un-spoilt beaches which makes it the ideal secluded beach destination. Think romantic trip in the sun…
3. The cuisine is to die for. Mozam is famous for the quality of its fresh seafood and peri-peri Chicken.
4. No visa required – As a South African, you didn’t need a visa. Score!
5. It’s the ideal destination for the entire family with so many outdoor activities from Quad biking, 4×4’ing, horse riding and fishing.
6. It’s an affordable holiday destination which is close enough to drive to from SA and is a great option for a budget island holiday getaway.
7. Great weather for most of the year. May to November is the perfect time to travel, I went during the rainy season but still had a great time (not too cold and water is still warm ).
8. One of my main highlights of my trip were the people. They are very helpful, funny and welcoming to visitors.
9. Off the south point of Inhaca Island is Ponte Torres which is a protected coral reef reserve. This is literally the most perfect place for snorkelling.
10. The Maputo Special Reserve which was Formerly known as the Maputo Elephant Reserve, is a perfect day trip for people staying in the Maputo area.
We don’t know about you but after this list, our bags are packed !